Friday, January 13, 2006

Earthquake Strikes Cleveland!

Yikes! Centered off the coast of Mentor, it hit 2.3 on the Richter scale. Don't worry, I called my folks, and they're okay.

It reminds of the last "big one" to hit NE Ohio. I was a junior or senior in high school, so this was around 1989 or so. It was either a Saturday or a winter school Monday holiday (Presidents' or MLK day) because I was getting dressed for a day of skiing (Boston Mills was my training ground back then - yee-haw!).

I was in my bedroom struggling into my LL Bean silk long johns when I noticed the TV on my dresser begin to dance about. A low rumble purred through the air. For five seconds, or ten, or two, the walls danced over so slightly back and forth, my mirror rocked, the shelves clattered a bit.

Then, silence. I called through the house: "What the heck was that?"

Turns out it was a 3.4.

Hell, 2.3 ain't nothing. Call me when you got more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blog Top Sites