Friday, December 30, 2005

Ripping My CDs

So, between getting a new PC a couple of months ago, upgrading to a cable modem, and getting this gorgeous iPod Nano for Christmas, the time has come to rip my CD collection into the digital ether.

Of course, it would take forever to do every song on every CD. And I want to get my iPod up and running ASAP. So I'm pulling my favorite cuts from each disk. The CDs are stacked alphabetically (are you surprised? I still haven't been able to figure out Rob Gordon's system in High Fidelity) so I'm into the C's now.

Know this about me: I don't throw shit away. That means my CDs take up an entire set of built-in cabinets in the family room. We are talking multiple shelves. So here I am sorting through disks that date back to my college years.

And there's some great shit back there, that I haven't listened to for ages. Right now, of a slightly more recent vintage, I've got Cake's Prolonging the Magic ripping. I was into a big Cake phase, back in the day. Great cuts: Sheep Go to Heaven, When You Sleep.

Who can give me a shout-out for Cake?

Next up: the Clueless soundtrack, Harry Chapin, Mary Chapin-Carpenter, Clapton, Paula Cole, Sheryl Crow, Shawn Colvin, Collective Soul....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blog Top Sites