Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Indians Starting Rotation 2006

Well, maybe this won't be so bad. Essentially, Byrd replaces Millwood and Jason Johnson replaces Elarton.

I watched Johnson pitch for several years in Baltimore, and he showed some flashes. Inconsistent, as I recall. I'm not a huge fan, but he's probably an upgrade over Elarton.

I am sad to see Millwood go (to Texas - what has Boras got on the Rangers?), but no one really expected Shapiro to be able to resign him. I like Byrd, always have. He could have a huge year, like Millwood just did.

Then, you've still got CC, Cliff Lee, and Jake Westbrook coming back - plus all those young arms waiting in the wings - Davis, Carmona, etc. No, the rotation doesn't worry me.

But the everyday lineup still does - let's sign some bashers, Shapiro!

1 Comments:

Blogger LargeBill said...

Johnson is like Westbrook in that he induces a lot of ground balls. His success is very dependent on the defense behind him.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blog Top Sites