Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Christmas Schwag

As much as I try to convince them that Christmas is not about giving each other stuff we could all buy for ourselves if we wanted to, they continue to buy me great stuff each year.

So, here are my favorite gifts this year:
  • Hell, I gotta start with the iPod Nano. Damn, but I do love my wealthy, successful, generous big sister! Of course, now I need to get some tunes on it.
  • Doris Kearns Goodwin's latest, Team of Rivals, a fascinating history of Lincoln and his era. I'm almost 200 pages into it already. Her plagiarism issues aside, she is one of my favorite popular historians.
  • A nice big 12 inch cast iron skillet. Seasoned that bad boy today. Friends, we shall have some fine fried chicken in the New Year! And beautiful seared scallops!
  • Cozy, soft cotton PJ bottoms. So soft. So cottony. So nice without underwear.

So now that I've shared, what were your favorite presents this year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blog Top Sites