Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Math is SOOOOOOOO Hard!

Have you seen Harold Myerson on one of Andy Card's recent defenses of the Miers pick?

"He testified to Miers' intellectualism by reminding listeners that Miers had majored in math."

Man, I hate to beat a dead horse/kick someone when they're down/pile on/add your cliche here. But, jeez!

Which brings me to two points:

1. Andy Card is SO gonna take the fall for the recent administration missteps. I predict a thorough housecleaning/reshuffling in the next several months. The House of Card shall fall.

2. Dude - I majored in Chemical Engineering! At a major northeastern engineering school! (hint hint) And it's WAY harder than math!

Can I be on the Supreme Court too?!?!?!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger LargeBill said...

Concur that Card is on the way out. Timing is the thing. My guess is shortly after the beginning of the new year. Even if there weren't the recent problems (Miers pick, etc) Card has served as CoS longer than anyone else. It is an extremely demanding job and if you look over the last couple decades people haven't lasted much beyond 2 years in that job.

Did you follow up Chemical Engineering degree with a law degree and a couple decades of legal practice? If not then I don't think you get to play. Though I think the law would be a lot clearer if we had 9 laymen on the bench.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blog Top Sites