Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Prefer Non-Knee Jerk Theological Reactions

"It is too convenient to say, in the wake of a catastrophe like Katrina, that here is one of the bowls of wrath John speaks of in the Revelation; that God is pouring it out our nation as punishment for our collective sins. Yes, the end of world is probably coming soon, but I’ll be damned (pardon the pun) if I’m going to let it wash over me like gently rolling surf. No, the suffering of the thousands of victims must strike me with gale-force winds. I have no time for theological quibbles, for debating whether or not a loving God could or would have let such a disaster strike. But it’s clear that God is sending us a message through Katrina."

- Andrew Zimmerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blog Top Sites